Violent Pk

Welcome young one to the greatest 562 loading 657 runescape private server there is to exist! Please register on our forums to get more access to things! Vote at http://www.vpkvote.tk and get 5m in game!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Violent Pk

Welcome young one to the greatest 562 loading 657 runescape private server there is to exist! Please register on our forums to get more access to things! Vote at http://www.vpkvote.tk and get 5m in game!

Violent Pk

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
What we might have to do to get players

Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:06 pm by Sol

Well our best bet without a doubt is the last option that I don't want to resort to, which is pay for advertisements. Now I don't know if you are aware of costs on purchased advertisement; it's heavily expensive. Some adverts range from $100 to $1000 depending on which website. Now of course I'm not going to pay for that kind of fund which is really ridiculous. Why? Because it doesn't give you a …

[ Full reading ]
Are we progressing?

Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:06 am by Sol

Well I wanna start out with some statistics first. We have(at the time i posted this topic) 307 accounts total including people with multiple accounts. I can do a stats check for this later. Out of those 307 accounts, we have 256 inactive accounts. That is an 83% inactive player base leaving about 51 active accounts. We are in fact declining in votes as well assuming our player count average …

[ Full reading ]
Are you ready?

Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:07 pm by Sol

Hello boys and girls! I want to let you guys know there is a stronger chance(80%) sure that the server will be coming back. Why you may ask? Well the support from your fellow players did not give up for the past year. They kept begging and begging for the server to come back. I was surprised and felt ambiguous.

Anyway, for those who weren't aware of what was going on in the past 2 months, I …

[ Full reading ]

+9
Godsend
Knitewulf
Dirtycrystal
sin lowe
a p o l l o
Kdunn95
Balotelli
BarragepkZ
Sol
13 posters

Are we progressing?

Poll

Are we progressing as a server?

[ 7 ]
    Are we progressing? I_vote_lcap64%Are we progressing? I_vote_rcap [64%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Are we progressing? I_vote_lcap18%Are we progressing? I_vote_rcap [18%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Are we progressing? I_vote_lcap18%Are we progressing? I_vote_rcap [18%] 

Total Votes: 11
    Sol
    Sol
    Owner
    Owner

Are we progressing? Empty Are we progressing?

Post by Sol Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:06 am

Well I wanna start out with some statistics first. We have(at the time i posted this topic) 307 accounts total including people with multiple accounts. I can do a stats check for this later. Out of those 307 accounts, we have 256 inactive accounts. That is an 83% inactive player base leaving about 51 active accounts. We are in fact declining in votes as well assuming our player count average online is low. I'm not picky about the voting poll at this point because we don't have enough players to compete. Thoughts? Also please don't state people are busy with their lives because I believe everyone has free time once in a while. If you can give me some reasons on why we should continue/we are progressing, please state so when you vote yes.

You may be wondering why this be an all of a sudden "moment". Well the thing is the monthly payment ends soon(March 20) and I don't wish to waste people's money that wanted to donate that asked me if I needed. I'm just trying to do whats right from my point of view.

Last edited by Sol on Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    BarragepkZ

Are we progressing? Empty Re: Are we progressing?

Post by BarragepkZ Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:49 am

What's happening is that people are getting bored too easily and losing motivation to play. My main thought is that the xp is too low. I'm seeing new players join and leave after about playing for an hour or less and complain about how slow the xp rates are and leave. I understand that you didn't want to make it too easy, but 21.5x is actually really slow. Most people leave Runescape because of the time it consumes to train and switch to private servers because they are able to achieve the level they want without training for countless hours. I agree having a bit of a challenge to train is needed, but having to train more than week to get maxed combat stats on a private server isn't really appealing to new players. I have other reasons aswell, but I would rather speak with you on the server about them instead of making one of those huge ass posts that people just skip because it's too long to read.
    Balotelli

Post by Balotelli Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:25 am

Let's not get to far, with the server only being open for the time it has, it's fair we have a 10+ player base at times, the server is still new and is adapting changes, you don't know what people want, that's why you change things to the general liking and pleasure. I wouldn't want you to close it, fuck It made me really have fun meeting people like Apollo,Kdunn etc.

It's not about the money, never is, it's about what direction you plan to throw the server at, are you willing to keep fighting the battle of getting new guys, adding new things or do you want to just end it here and now? I will say, I will be very upset with the outcome if you decide to close down,but in the end i'll understand and so will everyone else.

I'm going to side Barrage, yes, the server does get boring seeing the features are still being implemented, but can you blame a newly constructed server? You can't expect to have a high player base with barley anything to, the server now, mainly feeds people's PVM etc, it should feeed others like PVP, skilling or just showing off with phats etc, but this isn't the point, point is how far you want to go with this.

Maybe assign someone to help you develop new things, have someone do something to get stuff done, push the limits do what you can..I don't know, I'm just leaving input, doubt half the people will read it reguardless.
    Kdunn95

Post by Kdunn95 Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:36 am

II cant select an option, but i think we are slowly progressing, first day we had approx 5-10 players tops and about 25 by the end of the week, from then that has doubled, slow but sure progress
    a p o l l o
    a p o l l o

Post by a p o l l o Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:50 am

I'm on the Fence at times I think we are progressing and then at times I'm like wtf 3 people on?

Unfortunately not everyone can be like SAIN, and train (one) skill for 12+ hours. I would imagine the average player can play about 4-5 hours a day. and 4-5 ours is not even remotely close enough for someone level with any sort of speed. At the previous rate I could get 1m exp in 55m with 95 pray and overloads.  this was only the case when I hit 99 strength. I feel that the combat exp is far lower than it used to be. It should take someone no longer than 5-7 hours of strait SAIN training to reach 99 in any of the combat stats except prayer. With this the case a player could easily get a level every time they log into play. Prayer needs to be challenging it needs to mean something to have the turmoil advantage over Peity. Remove pvp gear from the chest. PvP gers should be only attainable in the wilderness. NO one should have max gear before they even reach level 78. put void in the chest. void is plenty solid to pk with and if your willing to level in the wild for pvp gears then you can get that. Everything players do from the time they start and to the time they stop should be funneling them into the wilderness. DO players need an option not to enter wild yes they have yaks. Put monsters in the wild that have a higher increased dropped rate of items. WE need to be known as a pking server. Players who wish to skill can skill and can sell items to pkers.  

p.s. I'm pretty sure I fat fingered the poll closed on my phone.
    Balotelli

Post by Balotelli Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:03 pm

a p o l l o wrote:SNIP

He's right, we need to make it more interesting like for an example  people would fight those monsters in a group to stay protected from others, it will bring more rush to the game making it intense and that's the point of a PK server having the inner rush.
    BarragepkZ

Post by BarragepkZ Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:30 pm

a p o l l o wrote:I'm on the Fence at times I think we are progressing and then at times I'm like wtf 3 people on?

Unfortunately not everyone can be like SAIN, and train (one) skill for 12+ hours. I would imagine the average player can play about 4-5 hours a day. and 4-5 ours is not even remotely close enough for someone level with any sort of speed. At the previous rate I could get 1m exp in 55m with 95 pray and overloads.  this was only the case when I hit 99 strength. I feel that the combat exp is far lower than it used to be. It should take someone no longer than 5-7 hours of strait SAIN training to reach 99 in any of the combat stats except prayer. With this the case a player could easily get a level every time they log into play. Prayer needs to be challenging it needs to mean something to have the turmoil advantage over Peity. Remove pvp gear from the chest. PvP gers should be only attainable in the wilderness. NO one should have max gear before they even reach level 78. put void in the chest. void is plenty solid to pk with and if your willing to level in the wild for pvp gears then you can get that. Everything players do from the time they start and to the time they stop should be funneling them into the wilderness. DO players need an option not to enter wild yes they have yaks. Put monsters in the wild that have a higher increased dropped rate of items. WE need to be known as a pking server. Players who wish to skill can skill and can sell items to pkers.  

I agree completely with Apollo and think that monsters in the wildy idea should be added to the server. Players spend way too much time PVMing.
    sin lowe

Post by sin lowe Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:58 pm

My Personal Thought To Where I Think The Server Can Be Improved Are

The New boss Should not drop hilts/ Dclaws/ void, leave the hilts to the gdws and d claws to demons. Boss should only drop chaotics and decent amount of random skilling items (i know it would make it appealing for new players but messes eco up).

The Experience should be raised to x30 i personally dont have an issue with the experience as i dont mind putting the time in but for new comers it is genuinely off putting, raising xp gain just on combat stats keep skills as they are would be good.

VOTING newcomers aren't going to vote for the server if they aren't going to gain anything from it that's just fact the old timers will vote just to keep server alive but new comers do need some sort of incentive.

STAFF get a couple mods flowing so they can be on the server to take on suggestions from newcomers who aren't going to register on forums and write down there ideas.

PVP have a top pker list i know it seems pointless but people like being the best or like trying to beat the best.

Thieving skill is an easy way of keeping newcomers as it is a easy way of acquiring some gp, a lot of new comers arent going to think to coinshare or alch items if they find it hard to acquire gp for runes/ arrows /food and pots they will just leave.

That's all i can think of for now alot of you may disagree with me about my points i have made but this is just my opinion.

To say we have only been up 3 weeks 2 days we have a decent small player base which does grow day by day, the new players just need more incentive to stay.

a p o l l o
    a p o l l o

Post by a p o l l o Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:03 pm

sin lowe wrote:My Personal Thought To Where I Think The Server Can Be Improved Are

The New boss Should not drop hilts/ Dclaws/ void, leave the hilts to the gdws and d claws to demons. Boss should only drop chaotics and decent amount of random skilling items (i know it would make it appealing for new players but messes eco up).

The Experience should be raised to x30 i personally dont have an issue with the experience as i dont mind putting the time in but for new comers it is genuinely off putting, raising xp gain just on combat stats keep skills as they are would be good.

VOTING newcomers aren't going to vote for the server if they aren't going to gain anything from it that's just fact the old timers will vote just to keep server alive but new comers do need some sort of incentive.  

STAFF get a couple mods flowing so they can be on the server to take on suggestions from newcomers who aren't going to register on forums and write down there ideas.

PVP have a top pker list i know it seems pointless but people like being the best or like trying to beat the best.

Thieving skill is an easy way of keeping newcomers as it is a easy way of acquiring some gp, a lot of new comers arent going to think to coinshare or alch items if they find it hard to acquire gp for runes/ arrows /food and pots they will just leave.

That's all i can think of for now alot of you may disagree with me about my points i have made but this is just my opinion.

To say we have only been up 3 weeks 2 days we have a decent small player base which does grow day by day, the new players just need more incentive to stay.

sin spot on i agree with all you've said
    Sol
    Sol
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Sol Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:14 pm

U guys are suggesting ideas to improve the server however the problem is not within the server. The problem is getting the server known. We gain if we are lucky 2 ppl every 4 days or so new accounts. Its nothing to do with the server features when the server is unknown. As far pking goes there was ep for a reason. Its ppl on the server are just stupid and arent aware of it. Cp can be changed but im telling u if i change that ppl will be extremely bored when they get 99 in an hour. Problem is slso ppl dont wanna pk. New boss is fine as it is. Either way i change ppl are gonna moan about how hard money making is if i were to take out chest items or from the new boss. Does anyone have solutions of getting the server known out there? Ive already posted it on a bunch of toplists. Obviously that isnt working. I attempted forum topics as well no luck.
    Dirtycrystal

Post by Dirtycrystal Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:27 pm

BarragepkZ wrote:
    a p o l l o wrote:I'm on the Fence at times I think we are progressing and then at times I'm like wtf 3 people on?

I agree completely with Apollo and think that monsters in the wildy idea should be added to the server. Players spend way too much time PVMing.

I agree in so much that Sin is saying :-)
    New ppl that have joined say's that the xp is kinda slow.. i would have raised it to 30 or 35.. that would be okey, not to fast and not to slow :-) Also i think if u add some mods/admins in server that can help and have some power while u are offline Sol, that could help server alitte..
    And i agree in what the other have been saying.. Put npc in wildy is a good idea Smile
    Balotelli

Post by Balotelli Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:29 pm

Sol wrote:U guys are suggesting ideas to improve the server however the problem is not within the server. The problem is getting the server known. We gain if we are lucky 2 ppl every 4 days or so new accounts. Its nothing to do with the server features when the server is unknown. As far pking goes there was ep for a reason. Its ppl on the server are just stupid and arent aware of it. Cp can be changed but im telling u if i change that ppl will be extremely bored when they get 99 in an hour. Problem is slso ppl dont wanna pk.  New boss is fine as it is. Either way i change ppl are gonna moan about how hard money making is if i were to take out chest items or from the new boss. Does anyone have solutions of getting the server known out there? Ive already posted it on a bunch of toplists. Obviously that isnt working. I attempted forum topics as well no luck.

I'll share my two cents with you, I agree with you 100% xp how it is  fine, it keeps people around the community and a reason to stay on and train. Now, as for pking I personally dislike it, but if i have a reason too i shall. All these suggestions are ideas to enhance the server because our problem isn't getting famous it's keeping the people that come. You shouldn't worry about a player-base being enormous when we have slight issues or disputes currently. We should first off set the server on the right direction, decide our economy do this,that so we know when we have more players it's not going to be a cluster and i'm sure as hell we don't want it to be easy peasy or to make items worthless.

As for getting out there? I can tell you, if we decide our path it'll be easy, why? I join, I like how the server runs, how people are in the community, I bring my friends and they bring their friends and those friends bring their friends and the word just keeps moving out.

Our job is to present the server to people in the most mannerly way we can, if they enjoy it they will stay. We need to give people a reason to no life the game, to play long hours to pk etc.
    Sol
    Sol
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Sol Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:33 pm

Balotelli wrote:
    Sol wrote:U guys are suggesting ideas to improve the server however the problem is not within the server. The problem is getting the server known. We gain if we are lucky 2 ppl every 4 days or so new accounts. Its nothing to do with the server features when the server is unknown. As far pking goes there was ep for a reason. Its ppl on the server are just stupid and arent aware of it. Cp can be changed but im telling u if i change that ppl will be extremely bored when they get 99 in an hour. Problem is slso ppl dont wanna pk.  New boss is fine as it is. Either way i change ppl are gonna moan about how hard money making is if i were to take out chest items or from the new boss. Does anyone have solutions of getting the server known out there? Ive already posted it on a bunch of toplists. Obviously that isnt working. I attempted forum topics as well no luck.

I'll share my two cents with you, I agree with you 100% xp how it is  fine, it keeps people around the community and a reason to stay on and train. Now, as for pking I personally dislike it, but if i have a reason too i shall. All these suggestions are ideas to enhance the server because our problem isn't getting famous it's keeping the people that come. You shouldn't worry about a player-base being enormous when we have slight issues or disputes currently. We should first off set the server on the right direction, decide our economy do this,that so we know when we have more players it's not going to be a cluster and i'm sure as hell we don't want it to be easy peasy or to make items worthless.

As for getting out there? I can tell you, if we decide our path it'll be easy, why? I join, I like how the server runs, how people are in the community, I bring my friends and they bring their friends and those friends bring their friends and the word just keeps moving out.

Our job is to present the server to people in the most mannerly way we can, if they enjoy it they will stay. We need to give people a reason to no life the game, to play long hours to pk etc.
    You're are avoiding the problem and still haven't answered my question, which is how do i get the server out there if top lists aren't working?
    Balotelli

Post by Balotelli Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:35 pm

Try harder, let others assist you in passing out the word. One man can only do soo much, but if 3-5 people go around saying oh yeah, we have a server yada yada with this, this and that it'll work. It's your only option in advertisement, so I say we go for it, hardcore.
    Sol
    Sol
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Sol Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:35 pm

Dirtycrystal wrote:
    BarragepkZ wrote:

I agree in so much that Sin is saying :-)
    New ppl that have joined say's that the xp is kinda slow.. i would have raised it to 30 or 35.. that would be okey, not to fast and not to slow :-) Also i think if u add some mods/admins in server that can help and have some power while u are offline Sol, that could help server alitte..
    And i agree in what the other have been saying.. Put npc in wildy is a good idea Smile
    putting npcs in wild will just make people not even go in the wild in the first place. Did u forget about last time when i put revanant monsters in the wild? No even bothered to go and the people or single person that did go make 3 x richer because everyone on the server was a pussy to go in the wild. Then when i asked people why they dont wanna go in the wild they said they dont wanna lose there items.
    Sol
    Sol
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Sol Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:39 pm

Oh just fyi we dropped 5 ranked in the rune locus ranks but dont rlly care about that now.
    Balotelli

Post by Balotelli Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:42 pm

Sol wrote:Oh just fyi we dropped 5 ranked in the rune locus ranks but dont rlly care about that now.
    \

I don't know what to say, besides keep on pushing and believe things could change, yeah now we are 5 ranks behind then later on we are 10 ahead, it's a cycle, nothing to be worried about.
    Sol
    Sol
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Sol Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:43 pm

Balotelli wrote:
    Sol wrote:Oh just fyi we dropped 5 ranked in the rune locus ranks but dont rlly care about that now.
    \

I don't know what to say, besides keep on pushing and believe things could change, yeah now we are 5 ranks behind then later on we are 10 ahead, it's a cycle, nothing to be worried about.
    Ahead of 10 ranks? i lol'd so hard. We barely sustain a rank until some other server where people actually vote on it passes us.
    a p o l l o
    a p o l l o

Post by a p o l l o Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:45 pm

I checked to see how much it cost to advertise on a botting website and we can't do that lol 800 bucks a month to advertise on osbot.org.....shit was ridiculous
    Balotelli

Post by Balotelli Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:48 pm

Sol wrote:
    Balotelli wrote:
    \

Ahead of 10 ranks? i lol'd so hard. We barely sustain a rank until some other server where people actually vote on it passes us.

That's your problem, you're fucking too worried about players when it shouldn't be a damn problem now, it's not. It's not hard to get votes, who gives a fuck if we are 10th rank on the list, if the server isn't enjoyable people won't stay end of story. Don't doubt a 1 month server and don't even think you can compare it to one of the servers who've been up for a while and have been doing the same damn technique to gather their players.
    Sol
    Sol
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Sol Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:54 pm

Balotelli wrote:
    Sol wrote:
    Balotelli wrote:
    \

That's your problem, you're fucking too worried about players when it shouldn't be a damn problem now, it's not. It's not hard to get votes, who gives a fuck if we are 10th rank on the list, if the server isn't enjoyable people won't stay end of story.  Don't doubt a 1 month server and don't even think you can compare it to one of the servers who've been up for a while and have been doing the same damn technique to gather their players.
    ?? I it is a problem when we only gain 2 new accounts every 4 days and we dont even know if they plan to stay or not. I wouldn't be making this topic in the first place if we are struggling in players. I believe in "facts" than hope, which in this case the statistics are showing that our player base is declining.
    Knitewulf
    Knitewulf

Post by Knitewulf Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:55 pm

I'd say as a server we are progressing. The progression has slowed a little but I am still noticing new faces every day.  

I think what has been said about XP rates is true. Many people I have seen come on and complain about it taking to long to train. As old members of VPK we were obviously more inclined to train and not care about the XP rates, but think about it from someone coming to the server due to runelocus or another voting site. Most of the time a player is just checking out the server to see if they like it and that includes a couple hours of playing, maybe. After that first log out they either decide they like it and come back or move on. If the couple of hours they spend on the game is training and they still haven't gotten anywhere significant that is discouraging. Maybe give new players something they can accomplish within their first few hours of being online. Say maybe a low leveled boss that drops items that would be beneficial to low levels/pures. It could drop Morri Javs/Axes at a low increment each drop (i.e. 5-10) This gives low level players a way to make money from high level players. Yes a high leveled player could farm the drops, but it would be much more beneficial to PVP or High level boss at that point.

The chest needs some altering. It was okay in the beginning to get PVP armor into the game and Sol you reduced the droprates before too much was introduced into the game so that's good. However some of the strongest armor in the game shouldn't have the chance to be received from a key you can get by killing yaks/rock crabs. Make it so PVP armor is only obtainable from killing others or as others have suggested monsters in the wilderness. Maybe Revs? Have them wander the wildy so they can't just be camped and there is an actual risk involved with trying to get the armor.
    I think putting Void into the chest as previously stated is a good idea as the "best items" you can get from chest. Make it rare, but not so rare that someone could train 99s on Yaks and not have a full set. I imagine it would have the possibility of spicing up the wildy as well.

I think Coinshare needs adjustments but only while the server is young. As of right now we don't have enough players to actively keep a steady economy, and this allows for price manipulation. Each GS Shard's price (among other items) being manipulated to make more money is helpful in the short term to the players abusing it, but hurts the game in the long run for everyone. This would be hard to fix, but it is definitely a problem.

The one thing that desperately needs to be changed is the newboss. There is not one thing beneficial that guy introduced. Sure it was a way to get a bunch of items into the game all at once, but those items would have been so much better introduced through seperate content. Nobody wants to do anything but kill the newboss because then they will be at a huge disadvantage to everyone else spending all their time on it. You just introduced Slayer and the only incentive to train it is so you can get D boots at 83. Why not make some of the random items the new boss drops come from High leveled slayer monsters? Not only that, but it was quickly exploited and now there are a ton of items in game from when it was easily safespotted. The racist remarks made by the boss are completely unnecessary. They serve no purpose to the game and turn people away from VPK. If I was a newcomer to VPK and I saw that it would immediately paint a negative picture of what VPK was and how the community interacted with each other. The only people I can imagine who would even think it is funny are the exact ones who would be toxic to this game. I hope this addition is not permanent or even semi-longterm.

Here are just a few little things I think would help

Make it so ::updates reads from the newest at the top to the oldest at the bottom. The more updates that are done the more scrolling. This would make it easy for players to log on and quickly see whats been added.

As of right now the GE doesn't have many items in it, but when it does what about adding a search feature? Keep the mainpage with a giant list of items, but other users to search for specific ones within the ge.

It may be time for a staff member, in order to bounce ideas off of and they'd be able to transfer the player's voices to you easier.

I've seen a lot of people get on and ask "how do I claim vote", while I personally don't like voting rewards, many people vote specifically for them. Maybe add various tiers of mystery box's that can be bought with a certain # of voting points and can contain a # of random items helpful to players.

These are just ideas and I'm sure there are better fixes than what I thought of but it is a start. These are the things I think have the potential of holding the game back in the longterm view of things. Sure it is fun right now for maxed players to make a ton of money and what not, but we aren't gaining a rapid amount of new players so all it is doing is creating a giant gap of wealth just like VPK suffered from before. We've got a great server here with a great admin and a great community. With a few proper tweaks I can see us going a long way Smile
    BarragepkZ

Post by BarragepkZ Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:01 pm

I understand Sol you want to get the server out there, but what's the point if we're barely keeping the 2 or 3 players coming in daily. I think we should focus more on the server at the moment and in due time bring players in. If we have a good server people will spread the word themselves. It's only been a few weeks and to build a strong player base time is also needed. We will face times downtimes and we should use this to figure out what's the problem and try fixing it.
    Balotelli

Post by Balotelli Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:02 pm

BarragepkZ wrote:I understand Sol you want to get the server out there, but what's the point if we're barely keeping the 2 or 3 players coming in daily. I think we should focus more on the server at the moment and in due time bring players in. If we have a good server people will spread the word themselves. It's only been a few weeks and to build a strong player base time is also needed. We will face times downtimes and we should use this to figure out what's the problem and try fixing it.

Thank Jesus, preach it more.
    Godsend
    Old School

Post by Godsend Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:04 pm

Knitewulf is on top of this shit.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:00 am