Violent Pk

Welcome young one to the greatest 562 loading 657 runescape private server there is to exist! Please register on our forums to get more access to things! Vote at http://www.vpkvote.tk and get 5m in game!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Violent Pk

Welcome young one to the greatest 562 loading 657 runescape private server there is to exist! Please register on our forums to get more access to things! Vote at http://www.vpkvote.tk and get 5m in game!

Violent Pk

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
What we might have to do to get players

Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:06 pm by Sol

Well our best bet without a doubt is the last option that I don't want to resort to, which is pay for advertisements. Now I don't know if you are aware of costs on purchased advertisement; it's heavily expensive. Some adverts range from $100 to $1000 depending on which website. Now of course I'm not going to pay for that kind of fund which is really ridiculous. Why? Because it doesn't give you a …

[ Full reading ]
Are we progressing?

Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:06 am by Sol

Well I wanna start out with some statistics first. We have(at the time i posted this topic) 307 accounts total including people with multiple accounts. I can do a stats check for this later. Out of those 307 accounts, we have 256 inactive accounts. That is an 83% inactive player base leaving about 51 active accounts. We are in fact declining in votes as well assuming our player count average …

[ Full reading ]
Are you ready?

Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:07 pm by Sol

Hello boys and girls! I want to let you guys know there is a stronger chance(80%) sure that the server will be coming back. Why you may ask? Well the support from your fellow players did not give up for the past year. They kept begging and begging for the server to come back. I was surprised and felt ambiguous.

Anyway, for those who weren't aware of what was going on in the past 2 months, I …

[ Full reading ]

+16
Mickey
Veth0d
Godsend
Red Partyhat
Dirtycrystal
g0dzlilpk3r
PrepareU
Scott
n0m crayons
Z3rk3r
I JK
Balotelli
sin lowe
BarragepkZ
Knitewulf
Sol
20 posters

What we might have to do to get players

Sol
    Sol
    Owner
    Owner

What we might have to do to get players Empty What we might have to do to get players

Post by Sol Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:06 pm

Well our best bet without a doubt is the last option that I don't want to resort to, which is pay for advertisements. Now I don't know if you are aware of costs on purchased advertisement; it's heavily expensive. Some adverts range from $100 to $1000 depending on which website. Now of course I'm not going to pay for that kind of fund which is really ridiculous. Why? Because it doesn't give you a guarantee on the traffic you will get. We are competing with 20 other servers that also pay huge funds and I wouldn't be surprised if there was some kind of auction. I know for sure mopar auctions spots on the mopar sponsor list.

Anyways I honestly think this is our only way. If we can fund like $100 in donations or even more, we can actually be able to possibly purchase an advertisement. Now I really dont wanna do this for three reasons: costly, it doesn't guarantee you will get a spot, and doesn't guarantee it will work out. I've seen in the past mopar servers on sponsors gain 0 players from it because i went on some of them.

On TOPG:
    its $150 for 15 days as a top spot
    rightside banner: $60 for 15 days
    rightside banner # 2: $30 for 15 days

Hell pk likes this post

Knitewulf
    Knitewulf

What we might have to do to get players Empty Re: What we might have to do to get players

Post by Knitewulf Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:12 pm

It isn't a guarentee by any means but it may have to be done.

Before any of us sink money into this though I think maybe we should see how voting goes w/ voting rewards.
    Sol
    Sol
    Owner
    Owner

What we might have to do to get players Empty Re: What we might have to do to get players

Post by Sol Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:18 pm

Knitewulf wrote:It isn't a guarentee by any means but it may have to be done.

Before any of us sink money into this though I think maybe we should see how voting goes w/ voting rewards.
    I think the economy/game at this state is less priority. I rather have a player base than an unbalanced economy, which is also fixable. Voting has already been proven thats its in decline considering we have dropped over 10 ranks in the past week and droping as we speak. WE HAVE TO DO THIS other wise we aren't gonna get anywhere with players.
    BarragepkZ

Post by BarragepkZ Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:48 pm

I agree even though it is not guaranteed it is worth a shot and $150 dollars isn't much if you split it among 10 players at $15 bucks each. You can include me in donating for advertising the server as we have no other choice to get the server out there at the moment.
    Knitewulf
    Knitewulf

Post by Knitewulf Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:11 pm

Sol wrote:
    Knitewulf wrote:It isn't a guarentee by any means but it may have to be done.

I think the economy/game at this state is less priority. I rather have a player base than an unbalanced economy, which is also fixable. Voting has already been proven thats its in decline considering we have dropped over 10 ranks in the past week and droping as we speak. WE HAVE TO DO THIS other wise we aren't gonna get anywhere with players.

I agree that advertising is something we should do, but even then we need to keep an incentive to vote. A combo of advertising + voting would draw in the most players. Plenty of people vote towards the good of the server, but to keep players constantly voting whenever they can, some need more motivation than others. You could add voting points and items that don't destroy the eco. Plenty of other servers have done this without destroying the economy.

We could try and rely just on advertising but if we try to cover as many bases as possible in getting new players the chances of the server growing are even higher.
    sin lowe

Post by sin lowe Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:58 pm

I'm always here to help with the donations just tell me when..!
    Knitewulf
    Knitewulf

Post by Knitewulf Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:17 pm

We should make moves to do something soon I think.
    Balotelli

Post by Balotelli Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:00 pm

Balotelli ready!
    Knitewulf
    Knitewulf

Post by Knitewulf Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:19 pm

Yea, there's been a drop in active players lately.
    I JK
    I JK

Post by I JK Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:07 am

I do apologize since I haven't been on in like a week. Literally didn't have time since I had finals, but now I'm free again. Even though I agree that some people might tend to get bored of the server, that really isn't the reason since our main problem is just getting people to come in general. I haven't seen other rsps and are they doing anything different to attract people like custom items, player status, etc?
    Knitewulf
    Knitewulf

Post by Knitewulf Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:51 pm

So are we just making no attempts anymore? Why is everyone just willingly letting a game die that everyone wanted back and enjoyed.
    BarragepkZ

Post by BarragepkZ Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:47 am

Knitewulf wrote:So are we just making no attempts anymore? Why is everyone just willingly letting a game die that everyone wanted back and enjoyed.

Yeah, I don't get it. So many people showed persistence to bring back the server and now that it's up people say it's boring. Instead of doing nothing giving suggestions to make the server more fun could help out the server instead of giving up.
    Sol
    Sol
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Sol Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:41 pm

I started giving up when i saw people giving up. I was disgusted with the 5 same people showing up on the server. We actually got some decent traffic going with some changes i did on the runelocus advertisement; however, new people logged out because the server was empty. We rlly needed those 15 people avg to start out so the server doesn't look as so dead as it is.

I'm just riding the month out. I log in with disgust so i hardly log on now.
    Knitewulf
    Knitewulf

Post by Knitewulf Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:47 pm

I log on daily and still see new faces that are coming to the game. With no updates there is no reason for older players that clearly got tired of the game to come back and with no older players the newer players are discouraged from playing. If both the owner and players are not trying then this game is going to go nowhere. Its sad too because with the right updates and advertising we could have really became something.
    Sol
    Sol
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Sol Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:14 pm

I refused to do updates when i saw 0 people on weekends. Why should i waste my valuable time for 0 players. Those who say its boring sticking around doing other things to keep u occupied such as skilling which i know for a fact that most of u arent 99 yet. We rlly needed the 15 consistent so we attract the new players that the server isnt empty that way our avg builds up. And of course updates happen from there.
    To simplify we just needed those old players to stick around to help new players coming in for the mean time. I looked at all the new accs and they logg out within 10 mins because the server is empty.

All i asked for was ppl to stick around even though it may seem boring for a bit, so new players dont see it as a dead server.
    BarragepkZ

Post by BarragepkZ Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:48 pm

Sol wrote:I refused to do updates when i saw 0 people on weekends. Why should i waste my valuable time for 0 players. Those who say its boring sticking around doing other things to keep u occupied such as skilling which i know for a fact that most of u arent 99 yet. We rlly needed the 15 consistent so we attract the new players that the server isnt empty that way our avg builds up. And of course updates happen from there.
    To simplify we just needed those old players to stick around to help new players coming in for the mean time. I looked at all the new accs and they logg out within 10 mins because the server is empty.

All i asked for was ppl to stick around even though it may seem boring for a bit, so new players dont see it as a dead server.

The thing is Sol there isn't much to do for us old players. Skilling to be honest isn't worth anything to me at the moment. It takes way too long to get a 99. There is pretty much no great reason to get a 99 other than to brag for 30 seconds that you spent close to 20+ hours to get that 99. Most players leave RS because of the time it consumes to train. I am grateful for your updates, but I think that some of the big updates happened a bit too early. Soul wars and the ::newboss additions weren't that great since they require a good amount of players, which we don't have at the moment. I understand your trying to make the server stand out from others, but you can't skip the base of the server. What I know I would love to do is boss if there aren't players online, but most of the bosses you are not able to solo. Even on RS you can solo corp, but there is no way on here. The eco is also kind of messed up with the amount of pvp armour that was introduced leaves the items from godwars basically useless. I am also to blame for this as I agreed that putting up the server and closing the beta would increase activity, but we should have used the beta to experiment a bit before releasing the actual server. Instead of giving us all basically admin letting us play the server as actual players would have given a idea at how the server would work.
    Sol
    Sol
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Sol Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:03 pm

BarragepkZ wrote:
    Sol wrote:I refused to do updates when i saw 0 people on weekends. Why should i waste my valuable time for 0 players. Those who say its boring sticking around doing other things to keep u occupied such as skilling which i know for a fact that most of u arent 99 yet. We rlly needed the 15 consistent so we attract the new players that the server isnt empty that way our avg builds up. And of course updates happen from there.

The thing is Sol there isn't much to do for us old players. Skilling to be honest isn't worth anything to me at the moment. It takes way too long to get a 99. There is pretty much no great reason to get a 99 other than to brag for 30 seconds that you spent close to 20+ hours to get that 99. Most players leave RS because of the time it consumes to train. I am grateful for your updates, but I think that some of the big updates happened a bit too early. Soul wars and the ::newboss additions weren't that great since they require a good amount of players, which we don't have at the moment. I understand your trying to make the server stand out from others, but you can't skip the base of the server. What I know I would love to do is boss if there aren't players online, but most of the bosses you are not able to solo. Even on RS you can solo corp, but there is no way on here. The eco is also kind of messed up with the amount of pvp armour that was introduced leaves the items from godwars basically useless. I am also to blame for this as I agreed that putting up the server and closing the beta would increase activity, but we should have used the beta to experiment a bit before releasing the actual server. Instead of giving us all basically admin letting us play the server as actual players would have given a idea at how the server would work.
    every update requires players no matter what. Can u name me an update i can do other than bossing that doesn't require a sufficient amount of players? There is a grind for everything no matter what you do in regards of skills. It takes time to kill a boss and time to get a good drop. Everything being so easy leads to boredom; no accomplishment. People think that because skills/money take too long, they have the typical excuse, "If i wanted to grind this bad ill go to rs". I disagreed with the xp boost because everything would of been too easy to do. However, i wanted to increase pk activity since everyone was complaining that it was too much of a grind.

In regards of pvp armour i had in mind of removing everyone's pvp armour when i release the EP system fully, but not to a full decision on that. However, a drop in players leaves disappointment. In regards of corp, I've been told corp was soloable by couple of people. Either way if I made it soloable to corp, since its just a tele away from going to corp instead of having to walk through there and in fact you don't lose gear, is already easy. If you want to kill corp fast I don't see why not having another acc with u double logging to kill it.
    BarragepkZ

Post by BarragepkZ Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:57 pm

That is the reason though that why most people leave rs is because of the amount of time it takes to achieve anything significant and people turn to private servers to do that in exponentially less time. Not everything requires players. Right now we need updates to keep players occupied and motivated so that doing stuff on the server doesn't seem like a job. I would suggest quests that would give out special privileges or items and those quests require certain levels in skills. That would keep players busy AND give a motivation for players to actually train the skill levels other than for just bragging rights. Highscores is also a great addition as it will serve it's purpose to create competition between players to level as well. Adding a better variety of skills such as crafting so we can start making ruby and onyx bolts, which would be very popular as ranging is usually used to pvm. I'm not saying make it extremely easy to skill, but the rate right now is really slow and should be boosted a bit. Taking into consideration as people like to have the 200m xp milestone, which would probably take months to acquire. Corporal on RS doesn't require you to walk there as the games necklace allows you to teleport there and nerfing the Corp so that it's possible to solo with a maxed out account, decent gear, turmoil and overloads is what I was thinking. I don't think it's even possible to take out half of the corps hp alone right now.
    Knitewulf
    Knitewulf

Post by Knitewulf Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:57 pm

Sol I see where you are coming from and barrage I agree with all the points you made, but that back and forth between you and Sol should be continued.

I just have one thing to say. Fact of the matter is that people got bored, it happens. If you introduced updates it might give the life you want. Since nobody really is on anymore would it be possible to just use the time you would have logging into the game to work on an update? Its worth a shot yanno?
    Sol
    Sol
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Sol Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:56 am

BarragepkZ wrote:That is the reason though that why most people leave rs is because of the amount of time it takes to achieve anything significant and people turn to private servers to do that in exponentially less time. Not everything requires players. Right now we need updates to keep players occupied and motivated so that doing stuff on the server doesn't seem like a job. I would suggest quests that would give out special privileges or items and those quests require certain levels in skills. That would keep players busy AND give a motivation for players to actually train the skill levels other than for just bragging rights. Highscores is also a great addition as it will serve it's purpose to create competition between players to level as well. Adding a better variety of skills such as crafting so we can start making ruby and onyx bolts, which would be very popular as ranging is usually used to pvm. I'm not saying make it extremely easy to skill, but the rate right now is really slow and should be boosted a bit. Taking into consideration as people like to have the 200m xp milestone, which would probably take months to acquire. Corporal on RS doesn't require you to walk there as the games necklace allows you to teleport there and nerfing the Corp so that it's possible to solo with a maxed out account, decent gear, turmoil and overloads is what I was thinking. I don't think it's even possible to take out half of the corps hp alone right now.
    The intention of training skills wasn't to brag. The intentions were to be used as a source of income like in real life. I.e crafting allows u make bolts; herblore was designed for people to sell potions etc etc. I had my own idea of an economy on a private server that would differ from others. My vision was to use skills to create income. For people who don't like to skill PVM was another option. Then I  came up with a new idea who didn't like neither, which was an EP system. This way it doesn't force people to do certain things to gain currency. As many people mentioned about getting rid of GP, the intention was the buying of supplies. You need supplies in order to do stuff(buy ingredients, or even buy good weapons etc). This way it creates a balance in the economy and make it easy as possible. However, there is a problem with this, which is what is occurring. Things are becoming too easy leads to the value of coins becoming invaluable. Now i do partake a blame for the glitches with coinshare, however the problem will still exist because of the stated issue with easiness. Not only does it make value of coins invaluable but it makes items that are rare become insane prices(100m for d boots, 300m for an ags, etc). Now if I decide to make things hard, the "usual typical process" people see is the server is too hard = i want the easy way out = not playing the server. Now I tried my best to keep a balance in between of things. Now with easiness this leads to boredom. You've accomplished all your goals within "weeks", whether it being getting the right item you want or accomplishing a skill.

In concerns about quests, I had that in mind I wanted to add a quest system. I was planning to add this soon but had thoughts about it. Two issues: Will people actually want to quest and two rewarding will be an issue. I don't know what exactly to give people lol. And if its an item, does this allow people to abuse the quest system by making new acc to get more of it or do I have to make it exceedingly hard/long to achieve it? Downside of this leads to people not even bother doing the quest,"too hard/long".

TLDR; To summarize it can go bad both ways. However I find it making it hard, I can feel accomplishments than things that are done in a few days or even weeks.
    Knitewulf wrote:Sol I see where you are coming from and barrage I agree with all the points you made, but that back and forth between you and Sol should be continued.

I just have one thing to say. Fact of the matter is that people got bored, it happens. If you introduced updates it might give the life you want. Since nobody really is on anymore  would it be possible to just use the time you would have logging into the game to work on an update? Its worth a shot yanno?
    I would give updates IF there was actual support from the people that "asked for the server to be back." Where are the rest of people demanding updates on the forums? How come its just you two discussing your concerns of the server? Where are the rest of people that proclaim they are "bored." Bottom line, I find it demotivating and waste of my time if people don't wanna show they want things done. What happened to the rest of our daily players? Boredom yes I know but some people I know haven't logged in 2-3 weeks who used to play a lot. Do they not care to check in whats going on? Do they even care of whats going on the status of violent pk? Do they even know what our forums url is?

Another thing(general statement not particularly u knite), A negative nancy it may sound but this is just showing our numbers are decreasing. Go look at the amount of votes people voted on the server. As of this post, there is only 8 different people who voted within 24 hours(note: there is only a 12 hour period limit, meaning people could be double voting in the first 12 hours, then the next 12 hours, meaning that it can possibly be even less than 8 people :\ )
    We are currently ranked 862 in the 13th page of runelocus.
    Z3rk3r
    Old School

Post by Z3rk3r Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:21 pm

Sorry i haven't been on lately my hard drive failed on my laptop, currently posting this on my friends but mine should be fixed by tomorrow so I'll actually come on. Although even when I was on last week it was just me and like 2 other players having fights :/ really don't know what to suggest
    BarragepkZ

Post by BarragepkZ Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:21 am

But the thing is there is obviously something not working out here because when we did have a good 10-15 players online and voting wasn't going that badly we weren't getting any new players. When new players logged in they would play for a bit and leave. There wasn't anything pulling them in to stay on the server. The only players we've seen stay were the players from your older servers. I'm starting to think it might be the source that isn't attracting people. Looking at all the top servers they're all 317.
    Sol
    Sol
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Sol Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:48 am

When we had the 10-15 players and the new players were coming in, people didn't like the xp rate at the time. A lot of new people i talked to said they didnt like the xp rate and new accs logging in saw 0 people around so they assumed it was a dead server. Its not the server version its people see an empty server assume no one plays it. Also just fyi the 317 uses higher revision server cache anyways. The people are lazy fucks to upgrade the version and are just making it harder for themselves by editing the client every time. Plus 317 use the models of the higher version of servers anyways so there is no difference.
    n0m crayons
    n0m crayons
    Donator
    Donator

Post by n0m crayons Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:54 am

Not going to lie, the last couple of weeks I've hardly time to get on the computer, never mind logging on. I don't know if i speak for myself here, but a couple of years ago when the server was up i had all the time in the world to play. Now however I've got a full time job, and uni deadlines approaching along with trying to fit in some degree of a social life.
    I've logged on a few times in the last couple of weeks but have been the only one online, so with no one to talk to or play with i just log off.
    IF we had the same level of activity we had when the server first opened, perhaps we could pay for advertisement and it might pay off.
    Scott
    Scott

Post by Scott Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:37 pm

I've been getting on every now and then and on occasion I would see somebody. Honestly don't think paying advertising will work that well but people actually talking to their friends about the server might. Most people use adblock which makes advertisements useless in some cases but recommendations to your friends tends to have a more immediate effect if players are willing to send a few extra skype messages.

P.S. How long is the server gonna be down?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:58 am